Proximity Switches ATC Swing Arm Machines
*Red light 2 turn on when machine on.
*Red light 1 turn on when arm is under spindle (waiting tool unclamp and clamp). Red light 2 is off
*Red lights 1, 2 and 3 turns on when arm is moving.
Trouble Shooting Swing Arm:
You get “alarm 9101 ATC not ready Arm home input” – alarm “9102 ATC not ready Arm Clamp input.
- Remove tools from Spindle and Arm.
- Press E-stop and release to clear alarm.
- Jog the spindle far away from the arm to prevent the arm hit the head while the arm is moving.(Horizontal machine moves the head down), (Vertical machine moves the head up).
- Hold key Aux 12 and press F3 MDI, type M13 (Cycle Arm) - press cycle start the Arm moves. Keep doing until the Arm back to original position.
- If machine is not home yet, press cycle start to machine home. Machine is home, try to do the tool change.
You climb up behind machine, you will see tool counter proximity sensor, it behind the swing arm. The light of sensor is off normal, it turn red light on when the magazine moves CW or CCW.
On the cylinder, you will see two sensors pop up (tool retract) and pop down (tool extend).
Normal light of sensor pop up on and it off when pop down and sensor pop down on.
Open right side ship metal cover, you will see the boost cylinder has 2 switches, tool clamp and tool unclamp switch